Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In Hebrews 10:24-25, Jesus says...
Tell the story: The First Church (Acts 2:41-47)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
• Why should we meet together? Hebrews 10:24-25 - Encourage and spur one another on towards love and good deeds.
• Who should we meet with? Acts 2:41 – Baptized believers.
• What should we do when we meet together? Acts 2:41-47 - Pray, worship, fellowship, and discuss God’s Word.
• When should we meet together? Acts 2:46 - The early believers met together every day.
• Where should we meet? Acts 2:46, Philemon 1:2 - Homes & places of worship.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• Discuss this question: “Do we want to agree that we are church?” If so, make a covenant and commit to meet weekly as a church.
• Continue growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day in the book of Matthew over the next couple of weeks.
• Share your story and Jesus’ story with others. Train new disciples to obey Jesus using the Biblical truths of Christ.
Prayer: “Lord, you have adopted me into your kingdom family, and I commit to serve you through a local fellowship of my brothers and sisters in Christ.”