Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In Luke 6:38, Jesus says...
Tell the story: The Generous Widow (Mark 12:41-44)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
• What should we give to God? Psalm 16:5 – God is the source of all we have and our future.
• Why should we give to God? 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 - Give generously, and we will receive abundance. God loves a cheerful giver.
• How do we give to God? 2 Corinthians 9:7 - Cheerfully, not under compulsion, Matthew 6:1-4 - Secretly, not for recognition.
• Who do we give to? Acts 4:34-35 - The church gave to all who had need. 2 Corinthians 9 – A collection was given to a church.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• Decide with your family an amount of time and money you will give for the work of the church this week.
• Continue growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day in the book of Matthew over the next couple of weeks.
• Share your story and Jesus’ story with others. Train new disciples to obey Jesus using the Biblical truths of Christ.
Prayer: “Lord, everything I have is yours. Teach me to give. Show me needs to which I can give my time and money.”