Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In Luke 22:19-20, Jesus says...
Tell the story: Jesus’ Last Supper (Luke 22:7-20)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
• What is the Lord’s Supper? 1 Corinthians 11:26 - A symbol of the Lord’s death.
• Why do we eat the Lord’s Supper? 1 Corinthians 11:26 - His body was broken, and his blood was spilt.
• How do we receive the Lord’s Supper? 1 Corinthians 11:27-29 - We must examine ourselves, confess our sins to God, and remember that Jesus died to set us free.
• Who should receive the Lord’s Supper? Acts 2:42, 1 Corinthians 11:27-29 – Baptized disciples devoted to Jesus.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• Confess your sins to the Lord. Remember the good news that Jesus died for everyone and rose from the grave. Receive the Lord’s Supper.
• Continue growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day in the book of Matthew over the next couple of weeks.
• Share your story and Jesus’ story with others. Train new disciples to obey Jesus using the Biblical truths of Christ.
Prayer: “Lord, show me the sins I have committed. Please forgive me. Thank you for giving your body and blood to cover my sins and set me free.”