Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In Matthew 22:37-39, Jesus says...
Tell the story: The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
• What is “love”? John 15:13 and 1 Corinthians 13.
• Why do we love? John 13:34-45, Because Jesus loved us first. Love teaches the world about Jesus.
• Who do we love? Matthew 22:37-39 - First we need to love God, then we need to love our neighbors.
• How do we love? John 14:15 - Loving Jesus means we obey him. John 21:17- Loving others means telling them what God has done for you.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• Take time each day to intentionally show love by serving your neighbors.
• Continue growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day from the book of John over the next couple of weeks.
• Share your story and Jesus’ story with others. Train new disciples to obey Jesus using the Biblical Truths of Christ.
Prayer: “Lord, help me to love you by obeying you. Help me to love others so that they will learn that you also love them.”