Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In John 15:18-19, Jesus says...
Tell the story: The Persecuted Church (Acts 5:27-42)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
• What trials will Christians face? John 16:33 - Many trials and challenges.
• Why should we persevere? James 1:12 – A promised, heavenly crown of life.
• How do we persevere? Hebrews 12:1-2 – We look to Jesus who persevered.
• Who will face suffering? Acts 2:42, 1 Corinthians 11:27-29 – Baptized disciples devoted to Jesus.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• Continue growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day in the book of John over the next couple of weeks.
• Share your story and Jesus’ story with others. Train new disciples to obey Jesus using the Biblical truths of Christ.
Prayer: “Lord, my life belongs to you. Train me to persevere through trials and temptations.”