Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In Matthew 6:9-13, Jesus says...
Tell the story: Jesus’ Prayer (Matthew 6:5-15)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
• What is prayer? Talking with God. He is our Heavenly Father.
• Why do we pray? Matthew 6:9-13 - God hears us. We desire his will to be done on earth.
• How do we pray? It’s simple. Just talk to him.
“Our Father...holy is your name..” = Worship God.
“Your Kingdom come…” = Pray for his mission to reconcile the world.
“Give us today our daily bread…” = Pray for our needs.
“Forgive us our debts…” = Pray for forgiveness.
“Deliver us from the evil one…” = Pray for strength to resist temptation.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• Start and end each day by giving thanks to God. Present your requests to him.
• Continue growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day in the book of Luke for the next couple of weeks.
• Share your story and Jesus’ story with others. Train new disciples to obey Jesus using the Biblical truths of Christ.
Prayer: Lord, teach me to pray. Give me pure motives. May your will be done.