Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In Matthew 28:19, Jesus says...
Tell the story: Philip and the Ethiopian Official (Acts 8:26-39)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
· What is “baptism”? Romans 6:3-4 - Baptism is a symbol of our life, death and resurrection. We have died to our old life and been raised to a new life with Jesus.
· Why should we be baptized? Matthew 3:13-15 - Jesus received baptism; so should we. Receiving baptism means we have identified Jesus as our Lord.
· Who should be baptized? Acts 2:38 – Everyone who repents and believes.
· How should we be baptized? Matthew 3:16 - Jesus went down into the water.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• If you haven’t yet - go down into the water and be baptized.
• Begin growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day in the book of Luke over the next couple’s weeks.
• Share your story and Jesus’ story with others. Train new disciples to obey Jesus using the Biblical truths of Christ.
Prayer: “Lord, give me the strength to identify my life with you through baptism.”