Share: an update on your life & obedience to Jesus (Grow & Go goals).
Read: In Mark 1:15, Jesus says...
Tell the story: The Sinful Woman (Luke 7:36-50)
Retell the story together.
Read the story aloud.
Discover: Use the Sword Bible Study method to discuss the story and reveal its meaning for our lives.
Practice telling the story.
• What does “repent” mean? Repent means turning from sin and following Jesus.
• What does “believe” mean? Believe means choosing to trust Jesus as Lord.
• Why should we repent? Read Romans 3:23,6:23, and 10:9.
• Who should repent? Acts 2:38-41 – Everyone must repent of sin and receive forgiveness.
• What is assurance? 1 John 1:9 says when we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us. John 10:28 says our salvation belongs to Jesus.
Grow & Go Assignments:
• Confess your sins before the Lord. Turn from them and live a new life.
• Begin growing by reading 2-4 chapters per day in the book of Mark over the next couple of weeks.
Prayer: “Jesus I want to leave my old life of sin and follow you. I believe in you and receive your forgiveness. I confess you as Lord of my life.”